Thursday, March 1, 2012

Quilt in the hospital

This isn't a great picture, but this flowery quilt ended up in the hospital in Yakima, Washington. My daughter was drove there by ambulance last week and spent 5 days there. She called me the first day and was very lonely. Well, I packed up this quilt and mailed it that very day, and it arrived at the hospital the very next day. She was very happy. It lifted her spirits.
She's home now and still under the weather, but she says she's using this quilt to snuggle up in. I told her to name it something special and am waiting to hear what she chooses.
Here is my Reliable iron. I bought it months ago but didn't like it so I stuck it up on top of my tall dresser until last week. The problem I have with it is that the controls are on the top of the handle and it's very easy to bump them. Well, I bump them constantly and it shuts it off. So, I took it off the shelf and am trying it again. It has awesome steam. It's so loud! I'm giving it one last try. I still have the box it came in so if I still have problems with it, I might contact the company and see what they can do for me. It was $129.00. That is a lot of money to spend on something you can't use.
Well, I've been quilting up a storm lately and haven't posted anything so I felt I needed to post something today. It's snowing outside (Yipee) and I love to sew when it snows (except I had a mamogram appointment today in a town 60 miles away and had to cancel). So, off I go. I should post the quilts I've made. Maybe tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back again; hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your daughter is feeling better. Your beautiful quilt is such a great way to give her a very needed hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to blog hop and I came across your blog.. glad to see a quilt make someone so happy... feel free to check mine out along with the ones I follow... http://armystrongfamilystrong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete